Efficient and flexible hairpin production
Based on more than 30 years of experience in hairpin technology, Bihler's complete solution opens up new perspectives in the industrial mass production of these electrifying components.
The BM-HP 3000 production system with standardized machining processes combines all required process steps: Starting with the multi-stage straightening and the highly dynamic, slip-free feeding of the wire, the precise cutting, NC-controlled mechanical stripping of the coating, simultaneous chamfering of the pin ends, 2D pre-bending and 3D die-bending, all the way to the removal and mono-component storage.
You benefit from three times higher cycle rates than with sequential systems, easy and fast variant changes “on the fly”, and flexible scalability for future tasks.
Highlights of the BM-HP 3000
- All-in-one production of hairpins directly from the coil from flat wire
- All common hairpin, connection pin and I-pin types can be produced
- High output: 60 - 120 finished hairpins per minute
(depending on material cross section and leg length)
- Cycle speeds are three times higher than with sequential systems
- Flexible, rapid change of variants "on the fly"
- Predestined for industrial mass production
- 100 percent reproduced top quality of parts
- Additional machine and space requirements can be reduced
- Flexibly adaptable to future tasks
- Easy and save operation with central VariControl
- Fully automated coil change
Modular process steps
BM-HP 3000 Hairpin Machine
Technology in Motion - Animation "Hairpin Production"
Scalable, compact automation solution
The BM-HP 3000 is based on the modular BIMERIC servo production system. It impresses with its high output of 60 to 120 finished parts per minute. Variant changes are particularly flexible: solely by calling up the stored data - at a constant machine cycle rate, without machine downtime and without worker intervention.
For future requirements, the hairpin machine can also be flexibly expanded with additional process modules or the arrangement of the modules can be adapted. The central VariControl VC 1 control system guarantees safe and simple operation of the machine and all processes. And complete production on one production system saves additional equipment and the space required for it.
More than 30 years of experience in hairpin technology
Key Account Manager E-Mobility
Otto Bihler Maschinenfabrik
GmbH & Co. KG
Lechbrucker Str. 15